2019 Acer Nitro 5 15.6″ FHD Gaming Laptop – Quad-core Intel i5-8300H, 12GB DDR4, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB GDDR5, 256GB PCIe SSD, Backlit KBD, Shale Black.
It is more forward than Acer’s previous gaming laptop models.
Acer Nitro 5 Specification
- 8th generation Intel Core i5-8300 mobile CPU – Smart quad-core, eight-way processing, Intel Turbo Boost technology
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card, specialized for gaming
- 4GB GDDR5 dedicated video memory for speeds, and advanced GPU
- 15.6″ Full HD screen, with 1920 x 1080 screen resolution
- IPS technology, LED backlight
- 12GB DDR4 2400 MHz memory
- 256GB PCIe solid-state drive (SSD)
- Backlit Keys
- HDMI output, Built-in HD webcam, stereo microphone, Microphone-in/headphone-out combo jack, Ethernet port, and WiFi-enabled
- DVD/CD drive omitted for improved portability, Windows 10 Home operating system.
2019 Acer Nitro 5 Design
In terms of design, the 2019 Nitro 5 is visually stunning. It has a black beautiful slack body with precise angles, stylish metallic red highlights, and beveled corners.
The laptop cover has also a high-end texture that feels like a polished piece of slate.
The keyboard backlight is fine red and is easy to type on, especially when you are on the way at night or in the dark.
Generally speaking, this 2019 Nitro 5 has a very sophisticated design, yet very easy, high tech and more than a gaming toy.
The Performance of Acer Nitro 5 i5
This budget gaming laptop comes with the i5-8300h quad-core CPU and 256GB built-in SSD, so as you can imagine, it runs very well, and the booting time is lighting fast! Thanks to the SSD!
If you game a lot, you probably want to try to undervolt your CPU to keep your device cool with a very minimal performance loss. Adjust the CPU to find your suitable number to undervolt.
You would be able to play these games at ultra settings. For example, The Witcher 3 and Skyrim special edition, both at 30 fps and 60 fps.
RAM and Hard Drive Upgrade
Prior Warning: When you upgrade new laptops, you most likely will lose the warranty rights, so be aware of this before even opening your laptop.
This device has more than adequate specifications from the manufacturers, however, if you know how to upgrade, you can install both additional HDD and RAM. Acer makes this easier by shipping this laptop with accessible panels on the back cover. You won’t need to get rid of the whole back panel. Furthermore, you can use the standard screwdriver to open it.
Compare this model, the Helios and the Razor Blade!
If you want to have a gaming laptop, that has an unbelievable affordable price, with the i5 8300h CPU, 12 GB RAM, 256 SSD, and 4 GB GTX 1050 Ti, get this now. Lots of people on the forums were skeptical about the price, but this is the best bang for your buck.
The 2019 Acer Nitro 5 i5 is definitely an entry-level gaming and animating device!